Revolution 2020 by Chetan Bhagat

I have lost touch and taste for fiction. Harry Potter was the only interesting read I spent hours before. Picked up this book of Chetan's from the local lending library while searching for some interesting read to keep me sane from the boredom of Trichy. 

Trichy is a unique city (like any other). There are plenty of rural areas around it where you can actually spend quality time with people and farms. Mukombu and Kallanai dam are attractions to some extent too.  I did my high school at Trichy. All my friends and I have moved out to wherever our jobs took us. Trichy was boring to me because I didn't have a circle in which I can socialize for long hours. More so because I had to stay home most of the time with my toddler and the elderly group. We didn't have much conveniences and entertainment media at home to beat the heat either. 

Coming to Revolution 2020, I found the title to be really odd for the plot. It just doesn't suit the story.  Chetan's simple and fluent English impressed me, this being my introduction to both Chetan and his books. Chetan starts narrating an event in his life and leads to the plot. This reminded me of Valmiki and Vyasa taking part in Ramayana and Mahabharata respectively. Characteristic of what a fiction should be, the book kept the reader entertained with twists in the tale and close-to-life events. The characters were not heroic or out of the world but very much the boy-next-door types. Events are very typical of a youth's experiences in India.  

There is not much to elaborate on the plot nor a need to. Overall, the book is a nice narration. It's not a question of 'if' but 'when' a  movie will be made based on this book. Love triangle are always the leading box office hits in all Indian languages. The book will make a commercially successful movie if directed wisely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its Ranjani Gayatri after MLV

Salem Sriram sticks to Sampradaya

Tribute to Dr.Suresh Ramaswamy