The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch


A dying man's diary of childhood dreams and how to live. Read it again with no negative connotations. I read the column on Wall Street Journal (paper edition, not online) by the journalist who attended Randy's last lecture at Carnegie Mellon and who had co-authored this book with Randy's narration. That made me curious to want to read the book. Randy sounded very similar to my personality, a person with a balance of optimism and realism, focused and slightly geeky! (Pardon me if I sounded presumptuous, that's not the idea) Hence I could give it a normal reading, not allowing the words and incidences to move me. Except at one point , I did feel this. Life after having lost my father in my early twenties is tough enough. Growing up without even a concept of Father is going to be miserable for Randy's one year old daughter. My sincere prayers for the family of Randy. Not the kind that cud take too much preachy stuff, few pieces of advice that I wud definitely carry from this book:
"People are more important than things", and how meticulously TIME needs to be managed, and how important it is to write Thank You notes by hand.
Really, a standing ovation to Randy from me too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its Ranjani Gayatri after MLV

Salem Sriram sticks to Sampradaya

Bombay Jayashree- fundraiser concert for Vedic Temple of Virginia