Words fail when its Bombay Jayashri


Manickkam Katti Lullaby
-----------------------------
Tears rolled down as I listened to this "Manickam Katti", totally giving in to my emotions shamelessly. My recent loss has to be cried over and over. I was too moved to control my tears. I needed to release my disappointment as tears, felt absolutely relieved after wiping them. No one can render a lullaby to this extent. How can whatever you felt be described. It can only be felt, allowing the emotions conveyed to be soaked in every nerve and vein. Divine tranquilizer and Goddess Jayashri !

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA


Tillana
--------
It is as if her guru Lalgudi Sir composed it only for her to sing it. What a guru! Cudn't write anything. Just listen to this one in Raga Yamankalyani, composed by Sri. Lalgudi Jayaraman.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

Kannamma
-----------------
When I heard this new album 'Kannamma' of Bombay Jayashri, I could first think of only one thing. Why didn't I know of it earlier and googling on the album name, I found very little info. On the other hand, I also thought of the albums
Madhirakshi and Maaya. As much as there is stuff and creativity into these two albums, there was also as much publicity for Madhirakshi and Maaya. The underlining commercialization is that Madhirakshi is the first album in which carnatic songs are rendered without percussion accompaniments but with a Piano and the whole package is given in an emotionally enriching style. Jayashri started offering folk songs and Bharatiyar songs long long ago, needless to mention her Vatsalyam, with the music self-composed and theme conceptualized by herself. There was no publicity: no videos made for Youtube nor any TV interviews. Of course, not needed for Bombay Jayashri. The comparison, as it goes here, sounds silly to myself when I read it again (blah)! Now, 'Kannamma' comes as a conversation between her deep soulful voice and Embar Kannan's violin. Relax, sit, hear and forget thee.

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA


Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA




Comments

  1. Thanks for bringing the "Maalai Pozhudin" song to my favorites.

    Sadish

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a thousand times. Me too a vaishnavite(non-brahmin) but was getting distanced from it.

    Your link, especially the perialvar thalattu mesmerised me..

    have you listened to inthasoukya from her? i may mail u the same if u need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Its Ranjani Gayatri after MLV

Salem Sriram sticks to Sampradaya

Bombay Jayashree- fundraiser concert for Vedic Temple of Virginia