Two books unreviewed

I have not written about two books that touched me very deeply and dearly. I have read them years ago but the essence of the book flows in my veins. I prefer and make a personal choice on it everyday.

'The Zahir' by Paulo Coelho and 'From Science to God' by Dr.Peter Russell. 'The Zahir' (along with another book of Osho, forgot the name) opened my mind to appreciate people, places, culture and life in its broad sense; that love is not a structured element, it plays a bigger role than what I had thought; that every person has different colors and shades and to accept a person as is means accepting all aspects of his/her personality. Life is not a hard and fast set of rules or procedures. It truly made me appreciate and respect all thought systems. Life is a whole lot of possibilities, all permutation-combinations of ways of life exist. The book invoked a giant leap in my thought process. Life can be possible in very many ways. A broader-minded person I am after this read.

Dr.Russell answered scientifically many questions that have been bogging me in my spiritual pursuit. Scientifically because I tend to be satisfied and convinced only then. Faith is a whole different thing. I have my foot there too. The book is essentially Vedanta for the scientific minded. I have started seeing things in a different and more aptly, clear light. (Light is what the book is about).

Definitely, these books have done the most changes in me. A must read for any vivid reader. Make time for them. At least give them a try.

'From Science To God' is available at YogiImpressions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its Ranjani Gayatri after MLV

Salem Sriram sticks to Sampradaya

Tribute to Dr.Suresh Ramaswamy